The effects of grass-fed beef on palate and pocketbook
* Grass-feeding cattle is a common management style in many parts of the US,
including producers selling to specialty
Smartwatches, smart cars, smart ranching?
What you need to know: You may have heard the term "smart" used to describe
things like cars (i.e.
Could it really be the magic ingredient?
What you need to know: A TMR, or total mixed ration
Sexed semen: historical impact and future opportunity
* Nearly 20 years of commercial sexed-semen use.
* The "beef-on-dairy" matings, dairy cows bred with beef semen, have increased
Everything in moderation
* The goal to decrease inputs has driven the cow/calf industry towards
selecting more moderate-framed females.
* Selecting for
What's in your wallet ration?
* Mycotoxins are byproducts of fungi, which can show up in feeds
* Mycotoxins were fed to beef steers for
Reviewing Rumensin for Ranches?
* Ionophores are vital to the efficiency that we see in feedlots.
* Using these direct-fed antimicrobials can decrease the
A win-win, but the punchline is a little corny
* A simple answer to increasing feed conversion rate may be using different
corn varieties in cattle rations.
The long and short of fescue toxicity
* Fescue toxicity has symptoms of restricted blood flow and reduced
performance, like feed intake.
* Pregnant Charolais and Hereford
"Oof, my hoof."
* Digital dermatitis is the infection and inflammation of the hooves of cattle.
* The timing of the infection was